Wacker Fluid AK are linear, non-reactive Polydimethylsiloxane with a defined Viscosity for multiple usage. A key advantage of silicone fluids is their thermal and thermooxidative resistance. More precisely, they are resistant to temperatures ranging from -60 to +300°C. Silicone fluids are much more stable than organic polymers toward electromagnetic and particle radiation (UV, alpha, beta and gamma radiation). They also have numerous other advantages.
- Outstanding property profile which sets it apart from organic material such as mineral oils
- Excellent water-repellent properties
- Low surface tension and thus high surface activity
- Chemically highly unreactive
- High flash point
- High heat resistance
- Good solubility in a wide range of solvents