Diallyl Phtalate is a stable ester of high purity, capable of undergoing polymerisation at moderate temperatures to yield thermosetting or thermoplastic resins. It possesses valuable properties for adhesives, coatings, casting and potting compounds.
- Di-functional allyl monomer
- Low shrinkage
- Plasticizing properties
- Impact and heat resistance
- REACH compliant
- be copolymerised with a variety of common monomers
- used as a “reactive diluent”
- When used as a partial replacement for styrene in cross-linking polyesters, DALP produces materials showing up to 25% less shrinkage on cure.
- be employed in self-priming PVC organosols for steel coating or incorporated into EPDM rubber to improve the adhesive strength